- This event has passed.
April 29, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
THE EIGHT PRECEPTS OBSERVANCE
The Eight Precepts Observance is a Dharma way taught by The Buddha to allow laymen the opportunity to practise some of the renunciation that monks follow daily, thus planting the seed of enlightenment towards relieving one-self from attachment and suffering. The duration for Eight Precepts Observance is one day and one night.
This practice allows one to cultivate merits and benefits including helping one-self or parents to be relieved from sickness, rid of sins and obstructions, avoid accidents and evil deeds, gain blessings and good fortune, reincarnate in good paths, attain the ways of Buddhahood, and so on.
To undertake the 8 precepts, one shall abstain from:
(1) Harming or taking life
(2) Taking what is not given
(3) Any form of sexual conduct
(4) False speech
(5) Use of intoxicants (drugs and alcohol)
(6) Dancing, singing, music, watching unseemly entertainments, wearing garlands, applying perfumes and cosmetics
(7) Indulging in high and luxurious seats and beds
(8) Eating at improper times.